The year 2013 is drawing to a close and it is time once again to draw up your new ‘bucket list’ for 2014.
Lonely Planet has give us all a head start with their article titled ‘Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2014 – top 10 countries’. The travel guide book publisher has put Malaysia and Penang on the map together with countries such as Brazil, Antarctica, Scotland, Sweden, Malawi, Mexico, Seychelles, Belgium and Macedonia.
Among some of the highlights for Malaysia:
- Largest bird park in South East Asia is to be opened in Melaka
- Legoland Malaysia and Hello Kitty Land in Nusajaya
- New Second Terminal in the capital, KLIA2
- Competitive fares and diverse destinations on offer among budget airlines makes Malaysia a great hub for travellers
- Across the South China Sea to the Borneo Island, explore Kudat
- Gaya Island Resort on Pulau Gaya
- Cycling tourism: guided cycle tour in Sabah, proposed bike path around the coast of Penang and a community led initiative to map out the cycle routes in Kuala Lumpur.
Penang’s Kek Lok Si temple gets to be the cover image for the article.
We leave you with more photos of the Kek Lok Si temple.